Community Donors Thank You
Thank you to the following organizations for their generous donations to support Hearth Place.
Click on an arrow below to see information about the donation.
Mississaugas of Scugog Island Donate over $14,800
Thank you to the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation who so graciously support the work that we do. They have generously donated $14,895 towards new programming and new technology for the centre! Thank you for your ongoing support!
Elexicon Supports Summer Camp with $5,000
A huge thank you to Elexicon Energy for their generous donation of $5,000 in support of our children’s summer camp. We are looking forward to an amazing week of day camp!
Rotary Club of Whitby-Sunrise Donates $5,000 for Accessible Door
We would like say thank you to the Rotary Club of Whitby-Sunrise who donated $5,000 to fund an accessible door needed in the centre. We are so grateful to the Whitby-Sunrise Club for their ongoing support to make our centre barrier free and fully accessible for our members!
100 Women Who Care Clarington Choose Hearth Place
Thank you to 100 Women who Care, Clarington for their very generous donation of $3,850 to support our children’s programming.
Markham Lions Club Raises $2,100 for Children’s Program
The Markham Lions Club recently held a gift card raffle in order to raise funds to support programs at Hearth Place for children with cancer. Thank you to the Club for donating $2,100 for our pediatric programs!
Desjardins Insurance Agents Donated Much Needed Items
We are incredibly grateful to our local Desjardins agents, Karen Low and Brenda English, who generously donated items for our Kids Care packages and wig boutique as well as household supplies needed in the centre. Thank you so much for your generous donation and supporting your community!
Omemee Lioness Lions Bake 1,000 Apple Pies to Support Children
A special thank you to the Ladies of the Omemee Lioness Lions for baking 1,000 apple pies! The pies were sold and the funds were used to buy material to make beautiful pillow cases for our children in treatment -all sewn by these skillful ladies.
District 13 OSSTF Supports Teen Grief Support Group
Thank you to District 13, Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation for donating $400 towards a monthly grief support program for teens that launched in May: “Teen Link”!
- The Pine Ridge Corvette Club donated $2,000; and the Canadian Council of Corvette Clubs (Eastern Region) donated an additional $352 for their “Charity Give Back” campaign, on behalf of Pine Ridge Corvette Club.
- Holy Redeemer Parish-Catholic Women’s Guild of Pickering donated $100.
- $373.60 was gratefully received from The Residents Council of Durham Christian Homes.
- $200 was received from the Cannington Lions to support our Pediatric Program.
- $925 was received from Buy Sell Love Durham, Lindsay Smith and Wendy Starr in honour of one of their sellers.
- We received a total of $715.04 jointly from The United way GTA, Winnipeg, Peterborough and Muskoka chapters.
- District 28 Retired Teachers of Ontario donated $500 towards children’s grief support. Another $74 was also donated from their 50/50 proceeds.
- $145 was received from PayPal Giving Fund.
- Hearth Place received $1,000 from the UK On-Line Giving Foundation.
- Hearth Place has received a total of $984.13 from Canada Helps over the past three months from donors who want to support the work we do.
- The Charities Aid Foundation of Canada donated in $240.02.