*We are currently experiencing difficulty with the conversion to an upgraded database system. The software company is working to complete the work as fast as possible. Your donations are important to us and while there will be no delay in PayPal and credit card processing, we ask for your patience and understanding in any delay in processing cash and cheques, as well as all tax receipting during this time.
Hearth Place receives no public funding. Annual fundraisers help raise the money required to fund our operations. As we continue to introduce new programming our need for funds increases. If you belong to an association that holds fundraising events or if you work for a company that has a charitable giving fund, we would appreciate you putting Hearth Place’s name forward.
Tax receipts are provided for donations above $20. If you would like more information about Hearth Place, or if you would like to make a donation in person or by mail, please contact us.
Donation QuestionsDoes Hearth Place Cancer Support Centre issue tax receipts?
- Yes, if you make a monetary donation of $20.00 or more and provide your home address in full for individuals or company address for businesses. Hearth Place Cancer Support Centre is a registered charity and our federal charitable registration number is #89280 8478 RR0001. All of our tax receipts are issued by mail. Please note that tax receipts are not applicable for donations in which you receive a benefit i.e. event ticket sales, raffles and auctions.
- Hearth Place is always happy to receive in-kind donations, which are of use to the centre or in fundraising events. We are only able to issue a tax receipt if you have a receipt of the cost of the item or have the item appraised and we receive a copy of the appraiser’s documents.
- We always try to have your tax receipt mailed within 30 days of receiving your donation, either online through paypal, by mail or in person. If you donate to a fundraising event, tax receipts will be issued after the completion of event. If you are making monthly donations through cheque or credit card, your annual receipt will be sent in January for the previous tax year. If you make a donation through CanadaHelps.com you will receive your tax receipt immediately in an automatic email.
- Please contact us with as much information about your donation as possible. When you write to us please include the name and address as it appeared on the donation, the donation amount and any specific information about the donation i.e. if it was for a program, solicitation, event, In Memory etc. Please be sure to also include a phone number or e-mail address where we can contact you if we have any further questions.
- We can send you a duplicate copy of your receipt. Be sure to give us your full name as it appeared on your donation, your address, the date you made the donation and the amount. Please include a phone number or email address so we can get in touch if we have any further questions.
- The Income Tax Act obligates us to send receipts only to the person making the donation. This means that unless we receive signed documentation that a person gave you the money to forward to Hearth Place, we can only send a receipt to: the person or people whose names are on a pre-printed cheque, the person who signed the money order, the person whose name is on the credit card.
NOTE: If you would like to leave a special message for the recipient of your tribute gift, please send your message by email to andrea[at]hearthplace.org including your full name after you have submitted the donation.