Ride For Hearth Place
Date: June 26, 2021
Time: All Day -
Join Us For A Scavenger Hunt On the Road!
The Ride For Hearth Place is changing things up this year. We aren't able to gather as we normally would to send everyone off at the beginning and to celebrate at the end of the day but, we can still have some fun and raise money for a great cause!
How Does It Work?
- You're on the hunt for Fire Halls! Ride to them - take a photo - email it in. Ride anywhere you would like and enjoy a day on the open road.
- Each bike registered will be given their own Number. This Number must be included in every photo.
- Once registered, specific instructions and rules will be emailed to you.
- Fundraise, fundraise, fundraise! Share your personal fundraising page with your friends and family and ask them to support your efforts in fundraising for Durham Region’s only cancer support centre.
- $250 to the bike with the most points
- $50 to the runner up bike
- Fabulous Prize for Top Fundraiser
Online Silent Auction
Bid on some fabulous prizes in our online silent auction! The auction will be open for preview on Thursday, June 24th.
- $50 per bike; Includes a $30 tax receipt
Keys to Fundraising Success
- Tell your story; why are you fundraising?
- Share the link to your personal fundraising page with family and friends.
- Share your story on social media! Spread the word, you never know where your next donation will come from.
- Follow up…Your supporters may need a reminder and don’t be afraid to do so.
- Say Thank You! Make your donors feel special and appreciated.
How to Raise $500 in 7 Days
Day 1: Donate to yourself $ 50
Day 2: Ask 3 family members to sponsor you for $25 $ 75
Day 3: Ask 5 friends to donate $20 to you $100
Day 4: Ask 5 colleagues to sponsor you for $20 $100
Day 5: Ask 5 neighbours for a donation of $10 $ 50
Day 6: Ask your company for a corporate donation of $50 $ 50
Day 7: Ask 3 business that you support to sponsor you for $25 $ 75
*All photos are from 2019 Ride For Hearth Place