Ride For Hearth Place
Date: September 18, 2022
Time: 7:30 am -
We regret to inform that we have had to cancel the 2022 Ride.
How Does It Work?
- Start the day at Hearth Place Cancer Support Centre in Oshawa. Ride to stops in Port Hope, Muddy's BBQ Pit (N. Rice Lake), and White Feather Country Store (N. Oshawa). End the day at Durham Harley-Davidson for a BBQ lunch, raffle prizes, and announcement of winners.
- Roll a set of dice at each of the five Roll Stops and record the total of your dice.
- Purchase Bonus Rolls at the end of the ride to replace any low scores rolled.
- The highest total of five rolls wins the Poker Run!
- Before the Ride: Fundraise, fundraise, fundraise! Share your personal fundraising page with your friends and family and ask them to support your efforts in fundraising for Durham Region’s only cancer support centre.
- Use the Pledge Sheet to collect any offline pledges and turn them in at Registration.
- Raise the most in pledges and win Top Fundraiser!
- 7:30 AM: Registration, Continental Breakfast, and Roll Stop #1 at Hearth Place Cancer Support Centre
- 9:00 AM: On the road to Roll Stops #2 (Port Hope), #3 (Rice Lake), and #4 (White Feather Country Store)
- 1:30 PM: End at Durham Harley-Davidson for Roll Stop #5, Bonus Rolls, BBQ Lunch, and prizes
- $50 per Rider; Includes a $30 tax receipt
- $20 per Passenger
- Raise $200, or more, in pledges and have your registration refunded!
Keys to Fundraising Success
- Tell your story; why are you fundraising?
- Share the link to your personal fundraising page with family and friends.
- Share your story on social media! Spread the word, you never know where your next donation will come from.
- Follow up…Your supporters may need a reminder and don’t be afraid to do so.
- Say Thank You! Make your donors feel special and appreciated.
How to Raise $500 in 7 Days
Day 1: Donate to yourself $ 50
Day 2: Ask 3 family members to sponsor you for $25 $ 75
Day 3: Ask 5 friends to donate $20 to you $100
Day 4: Ask 5 colleagues to sponsor you for $20 $100
Day 5: Ask 5 neighbours for a donation of $10 $ 50
Day 6: Ask your company for a corporate donation of $50 $ 50
Day 7: Ask 3 business that you support to sponsor you for $25 $ 75
*All photos are from 2019 Ride For Hearth Place