Endless Summer Virtual Fun Walk
Date: February 14, 2021 – February 28, 2021
Time: All day -
The 2nd annual Endless Summer Fun Walk is going VIRTUAL!
That's right, this year you can walk the 1K or 5K from the comfort of your own home, on the streets of your neighbourhood, or in your local park. In fact, we don't even care if you walk!
Did you know that 7.5 minutes of dancing = 1 km of walking?
Or that 18 minutes of yoga = 1 km of walking?
In fact, there are many activities you could do to equal 1 or 5 km of walking....
|Activity||Approx time = 1 km of Walking|
|Jump Rope||3.5 minutes|
|Marching/Walking in house||10-12 minutes|
|Skiing - Cross Country||5.5 minutes|
|Skiing - Downhill||7.5 minutes|
|Tai Chi||15 minutes|
How to Get Started
- Register using the button below. Register by February 1st and receive a Walk Kit thanks to our Presenting Sponsor, Fer-Pal Infrastructure Inc.
- Choose your activity and complete it any time between February 14th and February 28th.
- Let your your friends and family know what you are doing and WHY. Ask them to support you by making a pledge on your personal pledge page. All donations will help Hearth Place continue to offer services and programs, free of charge, to support people in our community who are dealing with a diagnosis of cancer.
- Take pictures of you doing your activity and share them using the hashtag #FunWalkforHP
New This Year:
The Endless Summer Virtual Fun Walk is now on the STRAVA app.
- Download STRAVA in the App Store or Google Play
- Look for and join the Group "Endless Summer Virtual Fun Walk"
- Use STRAVA to track your activity. You can post pictures and comment on other people's posts in the groups to keep them encouraged.
Click the link below for some great fundraising tools & tips or download the pdf version: FundraisingTools & Tips